In 1920s, while the world was still trying to recover form First World War, a lot of changes were seen in the society. The war had important and irreversible effects on the society, culture and fashion. Unlike the outfits before, a lot of simplicity was seen in this new way of dressing.
- Fashion was seen as expression of freedom and morals, therefore short flapper clothes.
- Men and women broke free from proper Victorian ideals and shifted to more causal clothing.
- Some of the most significant trends include low-waisted dresses, bobbled hairstyles, cloche hats, bright coloured clothes, bold stockings and scarves.
- Women got more open to male clothing and hence the adoption of garconne look.
- Clothing became more fun and casual and evening attire was glamorous silk gowns.
Here are some of the most popular styles from the 20s!